Renault Eurodrive - Frequently Asked Questions

Renault Eurodrive affiliates: CATO, afta, eNett, eway

Do you have questions about Renault Eurodrive?

Click on the questions below to reveal the answers.

Can my spouse/partner drive the vehicle?

Your husband, wife, your children and your parents can drive the vehicle at no extra charge if they are at least 18 years old, have a valid driver's license for the countries in which they drive, and if they comply with the same tax-free regulations as you do. (This law has no effect on the vehicle insurance, which covers all drivers regardless of the relationship to the registered owner)

NB: Partners can also drive the vehicle if your relationship has been officially recognised or if they sign an official sworn statement.

Does the insurance cover my luggage?

No. But you can sign up for a personal belongings insurance when you place your order with your Renault Eurodrive representative.

What documents will I need to collect my car?

You will need to have the following on you - your Renault Eurodrive contract - an international driver's license – a valid passport. If you have asked someone else to collect the vehicle, make sure you give this person written authorization.

Can I pay a supplement to be insured in countries other than those you cover?

No. Unfortunately no geographical extension to the insurance contract is possible.

What happens if I decide to go anyway?

If you decide to visit a country not covered by our insurance/assistance you are fully liable and must pay all expenses resulting from a breakdown or other problem.

Can I return the vehicle to another centre than the one initially planned?

Yes, absolutely. You must simply contact the centre of your choice at least 72 hours in advance to make an appointment. See the Travel Booklet given to you with your travel documents to get the phone number and opening hours of the centre along with a map.

Can I choose the colour of my car?

Unfortunately, we cannot promise to provide a particular colour. However, Renault tries to make sure its vehicles are in the most popular colours of the day.

In winter, do vehicles come with snow tyres?

No. Our vehicles have standard tyres all year round.

What documents do I need to cross borders in Europe?

The documents you are given when you take deliver of your car - the vehicle registration document (grey card), car insurance and Warranty booklet and your identity papers (Passport, international driver's licence) suffice to cross European borders. However, you may need to purchase a special disc to travel in certain countries.

Is it possible to have the vehicle delivered or picked up at the end of the contract?

We unfortunately can only deliver vehicles to Renault Eurodrive delivery centres. French legislation prevents us from driving your vehicle.